Donate to the John Howard Association
Thank you for your interest in supporting
the John Howard Association!
Every donation matters to the John Howard Association. We receive no government funding, and as such, are completely reliant upon the generosity of individuals and organizations to do our work. With your support, we will continue to promote adult and juvenile prison reform in Illinois, seeking a fair, effective and humane criminal justice system. We greatly appreciate all you do to help us make this happen.
There are many ways to donate to the John Howard Association:
- Online one-time donation: Click here to make a secure donation online today!
- Recurring donation: You can set up a monthly automatic donation to JHA – this is hassle-free for you! Click here to set this up today.
- Check donation: Send a check to the attention of:
Rebecca Pellegrino, Director of Development
John Howard Association
70 E. Lake Street, Suite 410
Chicago, IL 60601
- Matching gift: Ask your employer to match your gift! Many companies will match their employees’ donations, enabling you to double the impact of your gift. To check if and how your organization does this, please contact your HR Department.
- Gift in Honor of / in Memory of an individual or loved one: If you’d like to recognize someone you know via an honorarium or memorial gift, a donation to the JHA is a great way to do this. Just let us know who you would like to recognize. Further, JHA would be happy to notify the honoree of your gift if you desire. Click here to make your gift online today. Please feel free to contact Rebecca Pellegrino at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this type of gift further.
- Planned gift: Include John Howard Association in your estate plans, enabling you to leave a legacy of change for years to come. For more information on how to do this, please contact Rebecca Pellegrino at email@example.com.
- Other gifts: Do you have another way you’d like to donate to the JHA, such as by transfer of stock? We are happy to help! Please contact Rebecca Pellegrino at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All gifts to the John Howard Association are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. JHA is a registered 501(c)3 in the state of Illinois, with an identification number of 36-2167739. All donations will be promptly acknowledged with a receipt for tax purposes. JHA’s financials are independently audited each year, and are overseen by our Executive Director and Board of Directors. For more information about our financials, please visit our profile on Guidestar. For questions about your donation, please contact Rebecca Pellegrino, Director of Development, at email@example.com. Thank you for your support of our work!